We know that an effective and reliable repair service is important to you.
How To Report A Repair
During office hours, all repairs (including emergencies) should be reported to the Lister office – 0131 229 6176 or come into the office or email us at email@example.com
Please ensure you advise us of suitable times for access – please give as many as possible to assist the speedy resolution on the issue. Please include a telephone number to allow easy contact.
Gas fire and central heating repairs, during office hours and outwith office hours can be reported direct to our contractor, Lothian Gas – 0131 440 4666.
For emergencies outwith office hours or on holidays when the office is closed, please see our emergency contractor list.
Categories Of Repair And Response Times
As a general rule Lister expects contractors to keep to the following response times:
- Emergency repairs – defects which might cause damage to tenants or others or significant damage to the property. Attendance within 24 hours.
- Urgent repairs – for defects which might affect the water supply, drainage, electricity, gas or the security of your home. Attendance within 5 working days.
- Normal repairs – for all other repairs. Attendance within 20 working days.
We aim that repairs are fixed right first time; however for some jobs further specialist parts and materials may be required. Please assist with as many access options as possible.
Right To Repair
The Scottish Secure Tenants (Right to Repair) Regulations 2002 entitles a Scottish Secure Tenant to have a qualifying repair carried out to their homes, with compensation in some circumstances payable should a repair not be completed without good reason within a maximum period. For more information see the Right to Repair (PDF, external link) information sheet.
Who Is Responsible For Which Repairs?
Lister is responsible for all the main fittings and supplies within your home, apart from anything damaged deliberately. Certain items such as blocked WCs, Wash-hand-basins, etc., we shall remedy but if there are repeated blockages caused by the occupants then the repair costs may be rechargeable to the tenant.
If your home is damaged by vandalism e.g. a broken pane of glass, you must report this to the Police and ask for an incident report slip. Then report it to the Lister office.
Items that are the responsibility of the tenant include:
- Loss or theft of keys / being locked out. Please ask at the office as we may be able to assist but the cost of any new keys, etc. is rechargeable.
- Added items such as mirrors, toilet roll holders, etc.
- Washing machine hoses and any associated leaks from them.
- Light bulbs and batteries for equipment, e.g. door bells.
- Problem with a mouse or other pest. Please try and remedy this. If there is an infestation then please contact the Lister office.