The Management Committee comprise tenants who are elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the end of June each year. This year’s AGM will be on Tuesday 25 June at 7.30pm. Training and induction is given for newly elected Committee members.
There must be a minimum of 7 people on the Committee and a maximum of 15 (including any co-optees). At the first meeting of the Committee (in July) after the AGM, the Committee elects from within its number, a Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer (the Honorary Officers/Office-Bearers).
The powers of the Co-operative, the Management Committee and other such matters are set out in the Rules of the Co-operative. See our webpage Who regulates us? for more information.
The minutes of the Management Committee are published monthly by Lister – click MC Minutes here or visit our ‘Get involved’ page.
The Committee has the power to co-opt individuals (who need not be tenants/members) onto the Committee, though Lister has never Co-opted a non-tenant to date.
The current Management Committee for 2018-19 is as follows:
- Louise Alexander – Chairperson [On committee since 2010; Chairperson since July 2015]
- Colleen Littlewood – Secretary [On committee since 1991; Secretary since July 2018]
- Angus McDonald – Treasurer [On committee since 1996; Treasurer since July 2002]
- Jean-Luc Addams [On committee since 1994]
- Angela Cairns (Co-opted July 2018)
- Carol Goodwin [On committee since 2008]
- Michele Gunn [On committee since 2016]
- Richard Gunn [On committee since 2016]
- Gillian Hall [On committee since 2017]
- Jacquie Leith [On committee since 2015]
- Jenny Lewis [On committee since 1988]
- Jennifer McCuaig [On committee since 2004]
- Jennie Renton [On committee since 2013]