The Management Committee comprise tenants who are elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the end of June each year. The 2020 AGM was held online in September 2020 due to the Covid-19 situation.
There must be a minimum of 7 people on the Committee and a maximum of 15 (including any co-optees). At the first meeting of the Committee (in July) after the AGM, the Committee elects from within its number, a Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer (the Honorary Officers/Office-Bearers).
The powers of the Co-operative, the Management Committee and other such matters are set out in the Rules of the Co-operative. See our webpage Who regulates us? for more information.
The minutes of the Management Committee are published monthly by Lister – click MC Minutes here or visit our ‘Get involved’ page.
The Committee has the power to co-opt individuals (who need not be tenants/members) onto the Committee, though Lister has never co-opted a non-tenant to date.
The current Management Committee for 2020-21 has 13 members and is as follows:
- Jennifer McCuaig [On committee since 2004; Re-elected Sept 2020] – Chairperson
- Colleen Littlewood [On committee since 1991; Re-elected Sept 2020] – Secretary
- Angus McDonald [On committee since 1996] – Treasurer
- Jean-Luc Addams [On committee since 1994; Re-elected Sept 2020]
- Louise Alexander [On committee since 2010]
- Lucy Bald [On committee since 2019]
- Susan Baxter [On committee since 2019]
- Carol Goodwin [On committee since 2008]
- Michele Gunn [On committee since 2016]
- Jacquie Leith [On committee since 2015]
- Maureen Midgley [On committee since 2019]
- Jennie Renton [On committee since 2013; Re-elected Sept 2020]
- Detelina Todorova [On committee since 2019]